The Departments of Economic Affairs, which make up the international network of the French Treasury (Direction Générale du Trésor), are responsible for the economic monitoring of their circumscription.
The missions of departments of Economic Affairs are:
- macroeconomic analysis, economic and financial monitoring,
- facilitation of economic, financial and bilateral trade,
- public support for international business development,
- follow up French and monitoring of investments abroad, foreign investment in France or participation in major projects.
- follow up of major projects. Coordination of the projects of Business France and the French Chamber of Commerce.
Since September 2010, BUSINESS FRANCE is taking in charge the support to the SMEs for their international activities. BUSINESS FRANCE has an international network of 64 own Economic Missions in 44 countries.
The commercial services to companies is provided by the Economic Mission-BUSINESS FRANCE office in Abidjan in Ivory Coast.
It should also be mentioned the existence of a section of Foreign Trade Advisors in Ghana (CCEF) and a French Chamber of Commerce in Ghana with which the Economic Department maintains very close relationships.
The office is in the premises of the Embassy of France
P.O. Box 187 Accra
Opening hours to general public :
- From Monday to Thursday from 8am to 12:30pm and from 2pm to 5:30pm
- On Fridays from 8am to 12:30pm and from 2pm to 4pm